PhotonIcs and Electromagnetics Research Symposium, also known as Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium
Focus & Special Sessions
SC2: Hyperbolic Polaritons in the Emerging Layered Materials
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
China University of Geosciences
In recent years, hyperbolic polaritons generated in emerging materials have facilitated the research of hyperbolic metamaterials and promoted the application of hyperbolic metamaterials. Novel applications include hyperlens that exceed the diffraction limit, wide-spectrum nano-antenna arrays, high-sensitivity mid-infrared biological and chemical sensing, etc.
This session aims to facilitate the communications and to accelerate idea exchanges for researchers who are interested in the rapidly growing fields of hyperbolic polaritons in emerging layered materials such as h-BN and α–MoO3. Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Theory and modeling of hyperbolic polariton;
- Ultra-low-loss hyperbolic polaritons;
- Hyperbolic phonon/exciton polaritons in 2D materials;
- Hyperbolic phonon/exciton polaritons in perovskite materials;
- Active hyperbolic polaritons material;
- Topologically protected hyperbolic polaritons;
- Hyperlens and hyper-imaging;
- Biological and chemical sensing applications;
Note: The following submitted articles are not guaranteed to be scheduled in the final program at this stage. The final presentation type and arranged session will be decided by Technical Program Committee.
|00:00||Nanophotonics with Phonon Polaritons in 2D Materials|
|Keynote||Rainer Hillenbrand(CIC nanoGUNE)|
Copyright © 2021 The Electromagnetics Academy. All Rights Reserved.