Guidelines for presenters may be different for each PIERS. Please do check this guidelines again 1-2 months before the conference week. The followings are guidelines for PIERS 2021 in Hangzhou.
Onsite Oral Presentations
- Load and TEST presentation files in advance:
Onsite Oral Presenters must upload and test presentation files in the onsite PIERS OFFICE no late than 12 hours before the scheduled talk. Presenters are not allowed to detach the session computer and attach their own notebook/laptop to the LCD projector in session room. You should upload your presentation file here by November 18. Or please upload you files onto onsite PIERS OFFICE after November 18.
- Presentation files Format:
PDF, Power Point are recommended. Movies or animations in MPEG, Windows Media, and etc, should be tested in PIERS computer in PIERS OFFICE no later than half-day before the session.
- USB disk:
Presentation files in USB disk are acceptable by onsite PIERS Computer.
- Report to Session Chair:
Onsite Presenters are required to report to their session chairs at least 10 minutes prior to the start of their session.
- Talk Limit: 15 minutes (Onsite Oral Talk):
All oral presentations, including questions and answers, should be less than the given minutes.
- DO NOT change presentation sequence:
Session Chairs, please be present in the session room at least 15 minutes before the start of the session and must strictly observe the starting time and time limit of each paper and refrain from changing paper presentation sequence.
- NO picture request:
When such a request is made by the presenter, the session chair and session helpers will do their best to ensure that no pictures will be taken at the presentation.
Web Oral Presentations
- Upload pre-recorded video by November 5
Web Oral Presenters must upload a pre-recorded video by November 5. Detailed instructions will be available here. Each uploaded video will be checked by PIERS OFFICE. Once it is checked, you can view a "confirmed" status in PIERS Author Center. Please wait 1-2 working days to check this video confirmed status especially during the uploading peak.
- Video File Format
Your final video file should be in the MP4 format.
There are several tools you can use to make a MP4 video files.
1) Create a Voice Over PowerPoint presentation and convert it to MP4.
2) Use some meeting softwares to directly have a final MP4 video file. Please visit these instructions on how to record a video.
Zoom | WebEx | Skype | Google Meet | Gotomeeting | OBS | Microsoft Teams
- Web Talk Limit and Video Duration
Please find the following suggested time to record your video.
Web Keynote Talk: Total 25 mins - including (20 mins video + 5 mins Q&A)
Web Invited Talk: Total 15 mins - including (13 mins video + 2 mins Q&A)
Web Contributed Talk: Total 10 mins - including (9 mins video + 1 mins Q&A)
Onsite Poster Presentations
- One panel will be available for each poster. The panel size may be different for each PIERS.
- The poster panels for PIERS 2021 Hangzhou will be 100 cm (Width) x 200 cm (Height).
- All presenters are required to mount their papers one hour before the session and remove them at the end of their sessions.
- Presenters should post time slots of their presence on the panel and be present for interactive questions at the given time.
Web Poster Presentations
- The web poster presentation file should be in the PDF format.
- This PDF poster presentation file will be available on online PIERS Program during the whole conference week.
- All presenters are sugguested to update your PIERS profile with a personal image in order for the attendees to establish a connection or know you better.