Warning: include_once(../include/confPIERS.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/piers/public_html/piers2018Toyama/include/mail.inc.php on line 2
Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '../include/confPIERS.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/piers/public_html/piers2018Toyama/include/mail.inc.php on line 2
|3_FocusSession.SC3: Novel Photonic Materials for Advanced Applications 1|
| Organized by Prof. Iam-Choon Khoo (Pennsylvania State University)|
|Novel photonic materials ranging from naturally occurring self-assembled crystals to specially synthesized polymers, nano-structured quantum wells/dots/metamaterials (including metasurfaces) and photonic crystals, are the driving ‘engines’ underlying all advanced photonic devices/applications. This session will bring together leading researchers from various disciplines to present their latest findings in these material systems, exchange ideas and foster collaborations, as well as to educate the next generation of photonic practitioners.
Confirmed Keynote and Invited Speakers:-
1. Shaya Fainman [University of California, USA] – “Nanophotonic Light Emitters"
2. Sajeev John [University of Toronto, Canada] – “"Photonic Crystal Solar Cells: Toward Thermodynamic Power Conversion Efficiency"
3. Nikolay I. Zheludev [University of Southampton, UK] – “The physics and applications of coherent control of metasurfaces”
4. Hiroyuki Toda [Doshisha University, Japan]– “Output power enhancement in photonic-based RF generation by optical pulse compression with fiber"
5. Kebin Shi [Peking University, China];
6. Eunkyoung Kim [Yonsei University, Korea]
7. Satoshi Kawata [Osaka University, Japan] - Plasmonic metamaterials
8. Masayuki Fujita [Osaka University, Japan]-Photonic crystal slab for terahertz applications
9. Kwang-Sup Lee [Hannam University, South Korea]- Optical and Magnetic Functions of Organic-inorganic Hybrids with Non-covalent Coupling of Functionalized Nanoparticles on Graphene
10. David J. Hagan [University of Central Florida, USA]-Dynamics and Spectral Dependence of Ultrafast Optical Nonlinearities in Doped Semiconductors at Epsilon-near-zero|
- Prof. Iam-Choon Khoo
Pennsylvania State University
Warning: mysql_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/piers/public_html/piers2018Toyama/session.php on line 106