Guidelines for PIERS Organizers
If you have interest to organize a future PIERS event in your country, please contact PIERS OFFICE.
The PIERS Organizers will be responsible for the following tasks, however, these are not limited. The responsibilites will be defined in final PIERS Organizer Agreement.
The PIERS Organizer will be responsible for constructing all committees, appointing committee chairs, distributing CALL-FOR-PAPERS, soliciting session organizers and contributors for papers, printing and distributing the programs and proceedings files in U-disks, and managing all matters for the conference week including meeting rooms with all necessary arrangements for the presentation of the papers.
The PIERS Organizer will be responsible for the local arrangement, including arrangement of venue, lodging with reasonable pricing, and provision of such information to The EM Academy for the conference webpage. The Organizer will also assist in issuing of VISAs by providing reasonable clerical support.
Onsite responsibilities of the PIERS Organizer:
- A sufficient number of staff (English speaking) will be assigned to the onsite PIERS Office, for smooth and efficient operation, including PIERS check-in, charge desk, information desk and etc..
- A LAN system will be set up at the Conference location, so that PIERS staffs can control all sessions using a central computer in the onsite PIERS Office.
- At least one session assistant (English speaking) will be assigned to each session room. Session computer should have operation system in English. This session assistant should be responsible for reporting the no-show status for each talk.
- Complimentary wireless internet connection will be provided in the Conference and Lodging location for convenience of PIERS participants (unlimited free access).
- Opening reception, Banquet, and Coffee break, as well as a business dinner meeting will be organized by the PIERS Organizer as part of onsite activities.
- Within one week after the end of the conference, PIERS Organizer will submit the accurate onsite report in an excel list, including (1) no-show report in each oral and poster session, (2) check-in date or no-show for the paid participants list, (3) onsite registered and paid participants list, (4) onsite photos for PIERS gallery.