Warning: include_once(../include/confPIERS.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/piers/public_html/piers2019Xiamen/include/mail.inc.php on line 2
Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '../include/confPIERS.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/piers/public_html/piers2019Xiamen/include/mail.inc.php on line 2
|SC3: Structured Light-matter Interaction 2|
| Organized by Prof. Zhimin Shi (University of South Florida) and Dr. Olga Korotkova (University of Miami)|
|This session is focused at discussing fundamentals and applications of structured light and its interaction with media. Structured light refers to light fields that possess spatial features in phase, amplitude, polarization or coherence. Examples includes light carrying orbital angular momentum (OAM) and/or Spin-angular momentum (SAM), vector vortex beams, Airy/Bessel beams, engineered beams with spatial coherence structure, etc. Exploring and understanding how the structured light interacts (or avoid interacting) with matter in ways that are vastly different from planar or Gaussian light fields is expected to bring new dimensions to modern optical technologies. Exploiting novel means to generate, manipulate and detect structured light not only enhances the fundamental understanding, but also paves the way towards new applications of structured light in diverse fields, such as imaging, sensing, communication, quantum cryptography, nonlinear optics, and on-chip optoelectronic signal processing.
The topics of this session include but are not limited to the following:
- Fundamental studies of structured light, OAM beams, vector beams, beams with arbitrary trajectory, etc.
- Integrated platforms, including meta-surfaces, 2D materials and plasmonics, for generation of structured beam.
- Novel detection of structured light.
- Optical communication and signal processing using structured light.
- Quantum information science using structured light.
- Super-resolution imaging using structured light.
- Structured light propagation and interaction with turbid or scattering media.
- Nonlinear optics using structured light.
- Other novel applications of structured light.|
- Prof. Zhimin Shi
University of South Florida
- Dr. Olga Korotkova
University of Miami
Warning: mysql_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/piers/public_html/piers2019Xiamen/session.php on line 106