PIERS —— A global symposium committed to
advancing photonics and electromagnetics for the benefit of humanity.
Due to the recent domestic outbreaks of COVID-19 that have spread to many provinces in China, the organizing committee of PIERS 2021 has decided to split this event into 2 parts.
Part 1: Totally Virtual
This virtual part will be on 22 November, the original start date of PIERS 2021.
1) All poster sessions will be switched to online. Poster Presenters are requested to upload the presentation files in PDF format by 15 November. A ZOOM conference on November 22 will be arranged for all poster presenting authors to discuss the details interactively. The poster presenting author is encouraged to upload a 3-5 mins pre-recorded video to introduce the poster. All onsite registered presenting authors in this online poster session can still attend the future hybrid part of PIERS.
2) In total there will be 5 virtual oral sessions (1 oral session for each subcommittee) to accept a few oral talks online, in case some presenting authors strongly hope to join the virtual conference without delay.
3) This virtual PIERS will use ZOOM as supporting software. There will be an online help center via ZOOM during the conference week. The ZOOM access information and linkages will be available on the Online Program.
4) The final program for this virtual PIERS 2021 will be available online by 18 November.
This hybrid part will be postponed to 25-29 April, 2022. The conference site remains unchanged.
1) All oral sessions will be postponed to 25-29 April, 2022 by default.
2) If a presenting author strongly hopes to join the virtual oral session, please kindly contact PIERS OFFICE to apply for the virtual oral slot before 15 November.
3) This hybrid PIERS can accept a few submissions of new abstracts. The deadline for new abstract submission is 10 January. The registration deadline is 30 January. The Advance Program will be available by 5 March. The final program will be available by 20 March.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this adjustment. We sincerely thank you in advance for your understanding and support and wish you a safe and healthy winter!
About PIERS Proceedings
Full-length papers have been virtually presented in November PIERS will be sent to IEEE Xplore for publication process in December 2021. The others will be published as PIERS 2022 proceedings.
To download Invitation letters, PIERS Invoice, PIERS Receipt, and PDF typeset version of your article(s), please log into PIERS Author Center.
If there is anything else we can do, please feel free to contact PIERS OFFICE